Sunday

January Challenge Eve

Today is the eve of the January Challenge, I'm feeling the love from my Barre3 community, and I'm ready to hit the studio tomorrow!  To get ready for the busy week ahead, I planned out my dinners for the week.  From time to time I like to meal plan.  It's good for the budget because it stops me from buying food we don't need, and it keeps me on track with my healthy eating. I haven't meal planned in a while because we have been doing holiday things for dinner, visiting family, etc.  When I do meal plan, I don't plan out breakfasts and lunches, just dinner.   The reason for this is that breakfast is really hard for me to eat!  I always drink tea or coffee in the morning, but breakfast is difficult for me.  I do like bagels or english muffins (Ezekiel brand makes good ones) with cream cheese or almond butter.  Sometimes I'll make a smoothie or make myself eggs.  I don't eat breakfast every day (I know it's really bad!  I try!) so when I grocery shop I buy the aforementioned foods, and eat them on the mornings when I feel like I can.  Brad usually grabs breakfast and lunch at the restaurant, so this works out pretty well for us.  For lunch, I bring leftovers or soup and I'll either make myself a salad or buy a small side salad from Whole Foods or Garden Bar (check out their Barre3 January Challenge salad!)  I'm not going to lie, with Little Big Burger right across the street from my work, I have FOR SURE succumbed to their delicious mini burgers and truffle fries more than once at lunch.  I wonder what kind of Barre3 special LBB could concoct for me.  If only :)

Here's what my meal plan looks like for the week of 1/4:

Sunday:  Leftovers and salad
Monday:  Butternut squash + Coconut milk soup, green salad with cashews
Tuesday:  Roasted veggies with poached eggs and chicken apple sausage
Wednesday:  Roasted veggie Quesadillas, green salad with cashews
Thursday:  Quinoa pasta with Butternut Squash sauce, ground turkey, and spinach
Friday:  Leftovers and salad
Saturday:  Rice and Bean Bowls with Avocado and Sauteed Greens

From my meal plan, I make my shopping list based on what I have on hand in the fridge, pantry, and freezer.  I already had squash, beans, coconut milk, cashews, chicken sausage, tortillas, quinoa pasta, and toppings for my rice bowls.

Here's what I bought today (all from Trader Joes):

Kale
Salad Greens
Baby Spinach
Cheddar Cheese
Rice
Ground Turkey breast
Eggs
Low sodium chicken broth
Canned diced tomatoes, no salt added
Onions
Cutie oranges
Carrots
Baby carrots
Broccoli
Frozen Green Beans
Avocados
Celery
Pears

Tomorrow I'll be going to the 8:45 in SE!  After my class I'm going to hit up Powells and spend some time checking out SE since I hardly ever go over there.  Can't wait!

See you in the studio!









1 comment:

  1. Gahh, my comment wasn't posted... it went something like this: I love seeing your meal plan and how it came together paired with what else you needed to purchase. This is a very real and honest plan using what you have and making it last. Saturday sounds especially yummy! I can't eat breakfast until about 10am myself and usually keep it light with an apple, cheese, yogurt with chia, and the weekends are where I partake in a bagel, english muffin, or biscuit depending on my baking escapades! ha ha. Great job so far! xoxo Angel

    ReplyDelete