Saturday

Barre3 January Challenge 2015!

Happy New Year!  I am looking forward to a healthy, happy 2015!  Last year I started Barre3 and fell in love with it, but I never did a challenge.  Barre3 is ESSENTIAL to me feeling my best, so to ensure I get a strong start in 2015, I'm joining my PDX Barre3 tribe for the January Challenge!  The challenge starts 1/5 and runs until 2/1/15.  Go here to sign up and join me! http://www.barre3.com/challenge/#how-to-sign-up

I'll be blogging DAILY during the challenge to document my workouts, what I'm eating, and the results I'm getting!

Here are the details for the challenge:

Commit to 4 studio work outs+  1 10 minute online workout + 1 Barre3 Recipe per week.  All the while following Barre3's healthy eating philosophy of fueling your body with WHOLE foods.  Barre3 is the one workout that has offered me balance, community, strength, and toning, all without injury or lower back pain.



My goals for the challenge are to feel lighter, brighter, and have more energy!  Last summer I was doing Barre3 3-5 times a week and I felt AMAZING.  With new job, holidays, etc. I haven't been spending as much time in the studio and I can't wait to get back to my consistent practice.

I picked up my challenge kit a while back.  (GO GET YOURS AT ANY PDX STUDIO!)  In the kit you get the glass January Challenge water bottle, the adorable Eat, Sleep, Barre3, Repeat tote bag, the orange Barre3 wrist band, and the challenge tracker.

Here's what I am doing between now and 1/5 to get myself prepared:

1.)  Sitting down with my weekly schedules and deciding which classes work with my schedule.  Planning ahead is KEY.  Not only do classes fill up fast, but if I am going before or after work I will need to plan ahead the night before and bring a change of clothes with me.  Also, I feel like if I schedule my classes I am WAY more likely to go.  I also have my favorite instructors (they are all amazing, but some I have connected with more than others) and so I want to be sure I take their classes the majority of the time, so that I stay motivated and excited to get to class.

2.)  Getting back on track with whole food eating:  The holidays entailed too much egg nog, sweets, champagne...the list goes on!  I did a big grocery shopping haul earlier this week to stock up on some staples (coconut oil, ingredients for making healthy, hearty soups, healthy frozen staples for smoothies, and quick, whole food grab and go snacks like Jason's PB packets and cashews)  I'll get the weekly emails with the weekly recipe from Barre3 and it includes a shopping list, so I'll plan my weekly grocery shopping around that.

3.)  Make sure I am drinking plenty of water.  This one is kind of basic and boring, but with 4-6 workouts a week hydration is key!  Plus, it helps with digestion,  helps to keep skin hydrated, and helps me to avoid afternoon energy slumps.

Here's to an amazing January!




No comments:

Post a Comment