Tuesday

Day 2: Legs fell asleep+Barre3 Donut Holes!

Day 2!  I (again) didn't make it to the 8:45 SE class, BUT I did go to the 5:15 at Williams with my friend Kaitlyn!  It was fun to go with a buddy, we got to suffer through leg work together.  Also, randomly, both of my legs fell asleep during warm up.  Does this happen to anyone but me????  I almost laughed to myself because we were in a hold, and it was almost easier because I couldn't feel anything in either leg!  But then I got that awful tingly feeling that happens after your limbs fall asleep.  In any event, I made it to the end of class and earned my second orange sticker.

This morning I was at home getting some work and laundry done.  I really tried to eat breakfast this AM, but it wasn't in the stars.  I made myself oatmeal and tea, ate a few bites, and then lost interest.  I ended up drinking my tea as I showered and got ready, but the oatmeal ended up being thrown out.  I hate wasting food!  Because of this, I was pretty hungry by the time I left for a 12pm meeting, so I made a quick half pita sandwich.  I also got to hear about a REALLY rad organization today called Fighting Pretty, started by fellow Barre3 gal, Kara Dolce!  I was SO inspired by her story and by what she does for women fighting cancer.  If you are looking for an amazing cause to support, check it out!


Here's what I ate today:

Sad, uneaten oatmeal.  It had bananas, cinnamon, and hazelnut milk.  Black tea with hazelnut milk and vanilla extract DID get consumed!

1/2 of a pita with hummus, yogurt, roasted veggies, and a slice of turkey.
Juice from Prassad in NW (where I met with Kara).  I forget the name of this one, but it has beets, carrots, celery, and I forget what else.  Delish!

Cutie orange!



I had a late lunch and decided to make what I had originally planed for dinner, since we had tentative dinner plans with Brad's folks.  I heated up some chicken apple sausage, roasted veggies, and then I poached some eggs.  (A tip for poaching eggs:  you don't need an actual egg poacher.  Just bring some water to a simmer in a shallow pan; simmer=small bubbles.  Then, add a tiny splash of white vinegar to help coagulate the egg whites.  Then, swirl the water with a spoon as your crack the eggs in.  Let poach until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny.  Remove from water and season with sea salt and pepper).


I made Barre3 Donut Holes before my class today, and had one post-class.  Here they are chilling (literally) in my fridge!  They are DELISH!  Also, New Seasons has organic Cacao powder on sale for $8.99 right now!  I know it can be spendy, so I like to stock up when it's on sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment