Wednesday

Day 3: I REALLY wanted the Rum Cake

Day Three!  It didn't go as planned.  First of all, I had wanted to go to the 6:30pm class today at Pearl, but we ended up meeting Brad's folks for dinner right after I got off work, so I didn't make it.  I know I am supposed to have a rest day, but I really wanted to go to class today!  Oh well, I still have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to get in my remaining 2 studio classes and my 10 min online workout.  Also, today was supposed to be roasted veggie quesadillas and green salads for dinner, but since we had the aforementioned dinner with the fam, that didn't happen.  We ended up getting Boke Bowl takeout, which is a local ramen joint.  I don't dislike Boke Bowl, they use mostly local ingredients, they use rice oil, and they make their own noodles.  However, as with most takeout food, I ate more than I probably should have.  We did get a delicious salad though, it had brussels sprouts, cauliflower, grapefruit, and tofu.  All in all, I got in lots of veggies today, lots of water, and I am excited to get back into the studio tomorrow.  One thing I love about Barre3, is it's all about making it your own.  I know a lot of challenge doers are going no-caffine, no dairy, no gluten, no alcohol, in addition to no processed foods.  What I originally committed to was 4 studio workouts + 1 online workout, no processed foods, no alcohol.  I am still eating dairy, caffeine, and gluten, as long as it is in it's whole foods state.  With dairy I am doing hormone free or organic whenever possible.  I don't eat a ton of dairy or gluten as it is, and we don't but non-organic dairy or highly processed and refined grains for the most part, so I didn't feel like it was something I wanted to cut out for my first challenge.  Maybe my next one!  I did feel like alcohol needed to be cut out!  I had a little too much bubbly during the holiday season.  Onwards and upwards!

Here's what I ate today:





Breakfast:  Smoothie with kale, unsweetened coconut, frozen pinneapple, hazelnut milk, chia seeds, hemp seeds, banana, and a little coconut oil.  I won't add the coconut oil again, since it stayed congealed because of the cold temperature of the smoothie, it didn't add the most pleasant texture to the smoothie.  Because of this, I ended up only having a few sips, and instead for breakfast I ate the barre3 donut holes I had brought for a snack.


Snack:  Veggies with roasted pepper hummus, and cheese.  Also had black tea with hazelnut milk and coconut sugar.

Lunch:  Leftover butternut squash soup, and salad with romaine, spinach, red peppers, carrots, corn, onions, avocado, and cucumber, all tossed in miso dressing.

I ate a few of these sesame cashews as a snack at some point today!  I keep a baggie in my purse.

Black coffee, brought to me by a very sweet co-worker as a late afternoon lifesaver.  Probably should have just had water.

Boke Bowl.  Ramen, salad, and bun.

I didn't eat this but I wanted to!  Brad's dad, Gary, made this DELICIOUS looking rum cake.  I made whipped cream to go with it, but I enjoyed the company and not the dessert!




No comments:

Post a Comment