Friday

Day 5: Sometimes you need a nap

Day five!  I didn't make it to the 6am class today (shocker).  I didn't end up going to bed until after midnight last night, and I was exhausted and dragging all day.  In my tired fogginess, I read the Southeast Barre3 schedule wrong, and thought there was a 4:30pm class today.  So after work, I raced over to SE in bad traffic, and got to the studio at 4:31, thinking I had made it just in time.  To my surprise, the studio was locked and there was no class in session.  I took it as a sign that I needed to go home and rest.  So rest I did, I took a 2 hour nap, and then we went over to Brad's parents place for dinner.  

My meal planning got a little interrupted this week, with Brad's folks being in town.  (I do love when they visit though!)  I plan on doing inventory of what I have in my fridge that I need to freeze or use up, so none of the produce I bought goes bad.  Maybe I will just chop it all up and make a veggie soup to freeze and eat in the future.  I did marginally better with my water today, but still not great.  I got in about 2.5 bottles total + a sparkling water with lemon at dinner, and I am drinking a glass right now.  Better than then one bottle I drank yesterday!  There are 2 more days left in week 1, and I need to do my 10 minute workout and my last studio workout (or 60 min online workout depending on my schedule).  One thing I noticed today, was that since I was so fatigued I was really craving carbs, coffee, and sweets.  I listened to the Barre3 nutrition philosophy podcast today, and remembered that Sadie had talked about how when she feels a craving, sometimes she realizes it isn's energy in the form of food that her body is craving, it's rest.  I think that was where I was today, I needed a nap, not a snack!  

Here's what I ate today:
Cutie Orange, I also ate a banana but forgot to snap a pic of it.
Salad with spinach, peppers, avocado, chicken breast, carrots, corn, garbanzo beans, and miso dressing.
Roasted veggies dipped in hummus.  Yummy!
Barre3 donut hole I ate on my way to the non-existent 4:30 Barre3 class I was trying to attend.
Dinner:  Everyone else had tacos, I didn't want tortillas or chips so I made a salad with spinach, jalapenos, cucumbers, avocados, sauteed onions and peppers, skirt steak, and a quick balsamic vinaigrette.

Not pictured but I also ate a few slices of turkey breast and a slice of cheddar cheese.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment