Sunday

Day 7: Setting my intentions for the next 3 weeks


Sunday was a good day.  Week one of the January Challenge has come to an end, and reflecting back on this week, I feel good.  I completed all my workouts, and I did well with my nutrition.  I made some positive changes this week that enabled me to enjoy the week and not stress about getting my workouts in, or what how I was going to be able to prepare whole food meals on a busy schedule.  Meal planning and grocery shopping before the week began gave me such peace of mind.  It was such a stress reliever knowing what I was cooking for dinner, and knowing that I had healthy leftovers to bring for lunch the next day.  Even though I didn't follow my meal plan exactly since we had family in town, I still was able to make nutritious choices and enjoy my dinners away from home.  Also, scheduling out my classes in advance helped.  I had a few hiccups this week getting to the morning classes, but I got all my workouts in and that's what counts!  I LOVE that Barre3 is all about making this challenge your own.  It helps me feel not guilty for days when I feel like I need to rest my body, or nights when I can't resist a slice of rum cake!

After dinner I did my 10 minute online workout.  I did the Travel Friendly workout (no props required!) and the Restorative Stretch.  The travel friendly workout was really good.  Since it was so short, I really focused on getting deep into each hold and I got my Barre3 burn on right in my living room, in sweats.  It rocked.   I was feeling some tension in my low back today so I decided to try the restorative stretch as well.  I might go to restorative yoga tomorrow night to really get some yummy TLC for my sore body.

Here's what I want to commit to for the next three weeks: 
1.)  More water!  I still have not reached my goal of 4 bottles. 
2.)  Do 4 studio classes.  Even though I got in 4 60 min workouts, one of them was online.  I really missed the energy of the studio!
3.)  Commit 100% to the challenge!  After reading a great article on RealFoodWholeLife about past Barre3 challenges, I was inspired to commit fully to this challenge.  That means that along with my workouts, no alcohol, and no processed foods, I will also be giving up dairy, gluten, and...CAFFEINE.  I know that in order to feel my best about my efforts this month, and to feel the full effects of the challenge, I want to commit 100%!

Here's what I ate today:


Breakfast:  Leftover Chia Seed Pudding with a kiwi.  I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture before I ate it!  I was feeling extra hungry this morning so I also had a rice cake with PB.

I found a new favorite warm beverage, and it's dairy + caffeine free!!!!  It's Rooibos tea (a red bush "tea" from South Africa that is caffeine free) with unsweetened Almond Milk and a little honey.  I had the barista foam the almond milk so it has a similar texture to a latte.
Snack time:  I had a rice cake ( my 2nd of the day) with PB and a cutie.
I was getting down to an empty fridge today (I'm going grocery shopping on Monday) so I went to Whole Foods and got some Indian Chicken (dairy + gluten free), kale with tahini and cherry tomatoes, and some garbanzo beans with stewed tomatoes.

For dinner we went to Grassa (not pictured) and I had a delicious cheat meal.  OOPS.  Then I came home, did a 10 minute workout, and wrote this post about re-committing to the challenge in weeks 2-4.  :)

Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment